Thursday, June 28, 2007

a jazzy night out...

the funniest thing happened to me the other day. I was singing up at my usual place (the lovely Benton's Steak & Chop House atop the Westin Crown Center Hotel) and my daughter came up to the pianist and started to play along with him. Now mind you that she is only 18 months old (today!). How cute is that...just starts playing away. Then she walks over to me and says "down" which means up. So I reach down and pick her up and hold her while I continue to sing. She proceeds to grab the microphone and coo away into it. It was a very proud moment for this mother. I can only hope that I can foster her love of music and not squelch it with the constant badgering to "practice, practice, practice" - which I will try not to do.

No comments: