Friday, June 8, 2007

floating...

So, does anybody feel like they are just floating through life sometimes? I mean the rat-race of it all just seems to be so mundane. I am currently remodeling my kitchen and master bath (haven't even touched that yet - I'm having a love/hate relationship with my kitchen sink right now) and I have to wonder...why? I mean the other stuff was fine.

The most important thing in my life right now is my daughter and her development as a person. She is growing up so fast and I wish it would slow down sometimes but I know this is how life is. She is so cute and funny and sweet and she is going to be gorgeous...I'll have to keep an eye on her in the boy department and I know what to look for so she better not even think about slipping anything by me...

So back to the floating bit...I just wonder sometimes if this is what I'm suppose to be doing? I mean aren't we suppose to make the world a better place to live and that sort of thing? Do we just have jobs to simply exist? If that is the case then I could do with moving out to a little farm somewhere and raising some pigs and cows, grow some corn, and a little garden and live off the land. Mind you I don't think about this ALL the time but it certainly crosses my mind when life's little stupid things crop up. I don't want this life for my daughter but I think living simpler is not all that bad of an idea. I mean the whole kitchen thing is so that we can have the BEST of everything, granite countertops, gas Viking stove, Kohler sink and faucet etc..... I grew up in a little 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch home with no basement (because there are not basements in Florida) and a little backyard and a screened in porch. I love that house! So perfect and my sister and I always had everything that we needed as kids. I want to teach my daughter not to be a spoiled brat, that you can get along with out things that you want...it makes you appreciate the things that you already HAVE.

No comments: